- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp green cardamom pods
- ½ stick cassia or cinnamon
- 1 small segment of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1¼ cups low-fat soy milk
- 2 tsp honey
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Place 1¼ cups of water into a small saucepan together with the tea bag and spices and bring to the boil. Turn down heat slightly, cover with lid and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in soy milk and gradually bring to the boil again, uncovered, being careful that it doesn’t burn or boil over. Remove from heat just as it starts to foam and rise.
- Pour into two tall mugs through a small strainer. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Enjoy immediately.
TIP: Use So Good® Barista for a creamier texture.
PER SERVE: 382 kJ (90 cal). Protein 6 g. Total fat <1 g. Saturated fat 0 g. Cholesterol 0 mg. Carbohydrate 16 g. Fibre 1 g. Calcium 177 mg. Iron 0.8 mg.